QSO Terms and Conditions of Sale
Tickets sold to Queensland Symphony Orchestra performances are subject to Queensland Symphony Orchestra conditions of sale and to the requirements of the venue at which our performances are presented. The following applies to all tickets to Queensland Symphony Orchestra performances.
The right of admission is reserved. Queensland Symphony Orchestra reserves the right to vary without notice programs, artists and/or venues as may become necessary, but will endeavour to give notice of any changes to programming prior to the performance. Queensland Symphony Orchestra is not liable to you for any claims, damages, compensation, losses or expenses as a result of a performance being cancelled, postponed or changed.
Patrons arriving late will not be able to be admitted into the venue's auditorium until there is a suitable break in the performance.
There will be no refund or exchange of tickets except as provided in the LPA Ticketing Code of Practice:
Tickets are valid only when purchased from authorised ticketing agents - Queensland Symphony Orchestra, qtix, ACGA, Ticketek, Powertix, etc. All patrons, irrespective of age, must hold a valid ticket and occupy a seat or dedicated position (unless this has the potential to cause injury to the person).
Audience members' cameras and other recording devices are prohibited in the venue's auditorium. Mobile telephones, pagers and similar equipment must be turned off before entry into the venue's auditorium. Queensland Symphony Orchestra reserves the right to record, broadcast and simulcast any performance.
You may be photographed, filmed or taped whilst attending a Queensland Symphony Orchestra performance, and purchase of your ticket implies your consent for Queensland Symphony Orchestra to do so. In this instance, Queensland Symphony Orchestra may broadcast, publish, license and use any photographs, film, recordings or images of you without compensation. Queensland Symphony Orchestra and any third party who has the right to use the material are not liable to you in any way for its use.
You acknowledge that you are responsible for your own property and safety and for the safety of any person accompanying you at a Queensland Symphony Orchestra performance. To the extent permitted by the law, you release Queensland Symphony Orchestra (including its directors, officers, employees, consultants, contractors, agents and volunteers) from any liability for any damage, loss, liability or injury you may suffer in relation to your attendance at a venue, howsoever caused, including due to any negligence or other act or omission of Queensland Symphony Orchestra. Patrons who disrupt a performance may be asked to leave the venue.
You agree to compensate for any damage, loss, liability or injury Queensland Symphony Orchestra may suffer as a result of your wilful, reckless or negligent acts or omissions at a venue.
Concession tickets Available to Queensland Symphony Orchestra performances for full-time students and Centrelink issued card holders. Seniors Card holders are not eligible for a concession (including, but not limited to, QLD Government Seniors Card, QLD Government Seniors Business Discount Card, and National Seniors Card schemes).
Child tickets Available to a person aged 14 and under. Children aged 18 months and under may attend free of charge if sat on a parent’s lap.
Proof of ID will be required for each concession claimed.
CONCESSION Available to Centrelink issued card holders. Seniors Card holders are not eligible. Please supply proof of ID for each concession claimed. STUDENT Available to full time students, any age, with student card. Please supply photocopy proof of ID for each full time student discount claimed. You may be asked to produce your Centrelink or student card when your tickets are checked at the venue.
As a subscriber you may add extra tickets to your set series to bring a friend. If you wish to sit together you may have to relinquish your renewable seats. Complete the relevant section on the booking form.
Payment must accompany your booking and can be made by cheque, money order or credit card.
Processing your package (subscription order)
Tickets will be allocated in date order of receipt, prioritised as follows: renewals without seating changes, renewals with changes, new subscriptions. Seats are subject to availability. Your credit card will be debited or your cheque banked on receipt of your subscription application. This establishes priority for your booking within the QSO’s ticketing system. Cash payments can be made at the QSO Box Office. For orders received in August, September or October you can expect to receive your tickets in November 2015. For orders received after these months, tickets will be posted within 5 working days of receipt of your booking. Tickets will be posted to the primary contact listed on the booking form.
Paying by instalment
If paying by credit card, payment for your subscription can be split over two instalments. QSO will take half of the cost of your booking, plus deferment fee, transaction fee and any donation, upon receipt of your booking, and the remaining half on 1 December 2015. Please note that your second instalment will automatically be deducted on this date without further notice from QSO. A $7 charge applies per booking when paying by instalment. When paying in instalments your tickets will be posted to you after the final payment is taken.
Set series subscribers with renewable seats
If you are a Maestro 10-pack, Morning Masterworks 5-pack, or Music on Sundays 5-pack subscriber QSO Box Office has already reserved you the same seats you had in 2015 for the 2016 QSO Season. In order to retain these seats you must renew by 21 September 2015. After this date your seats will be released for sale. Seating change requests must be made at the time of renewing. Changes, where possible, will be made in date order of receipt. Where it is not possible to satisfy a change request, the original seats will be allocated.
Note: renewable seating does not apply to the Choral series.
Payment for new subscriptions will be taken upon receipt of your order. Seats will be allocated in date order of receipt and only once the renewing subscriber priority period ends on 21 September.
Subscriber ticket exchange benefit
If you are unable to attend a performance in your subscription package you may exchange your ticket to another performance. To complete an exchange, tickets must be returned to the QSO Box Office either in person or by post and they must reach the QSO Box Office no later than two working days prior to the performance you are unable to attend. QSO Subscriber ticket exchanges cannot be completed at QPAC or any other venue.
Ticket exchange fees
Subscribers will be charged $3.40 fee per ticket to exchange to another concert or choice of seat. If the concert or seat you are moving to is more expensive than your original ticket you will be required to pay the difference in price plus the $3.40 exchange fee. If the concert or seat you are moving to is less expensive than your original ticket you will be required to pay the $3.40 exchange fee and you will not be refunded the difference in ticket value.
Donations to QSO
Payments for donations to QSO will be processed and charged upon receipt of booking.
If you lose your ticket/s please contact the QSO Box Office on (07) 3833 5044 and we will re-print your tickets. Re-printed tickets will not be posted. Re-printed tickets can only be collected from 1½ hours prior to the performance start time onwards from QSO staff at the venue Box Office. If you lose all of your tickets in your subscription you will be asked to collect re-printed tickets before each performance. If you lose your tickets on the day of the concert visit QSO staff at the venue Box Office from 1½ hours prior to the start of the performance onwards and they will re-issue your ticket/s.
Pre-book your car park at QPAC
Patrons wishing to book parking at QPAC will need to contact QPAC 136 246 or book online at qpac.com.au/qpac_carpark.
Ticket Delivery Methods
Subscription ticket ticket delivery/collection
Tickets purchased as part of a subscription package will be posted (no postage fee applies) unless requested otherwise. If you do request to collect your tickets, they will be available from the QSO Box Office, ABC Building, Cnr Grey and Russell St, South Brisbane, up to the day before the first performance in your subscription. On the
day of a performance tickets can be collected from QSO staff at the venue Box Office
from 1½ hours prior to the
Performance tickets purchased via Queensland Symphony Orchestra Box Office
The Queensland Symphony Orchestra sells tickets for all performances held at QSO Studio South Bank, Brisbane City Hall, and The Courier-Mail South Bank Piazza. For tickets purchased via the QSO, which are not purchased as part of a subscription package, you may choose to have your tickets posted to you or to collect tickets at the Box Office.
QSO Venues - Postage: The cost of postage is included in the transaction charge. Tickets will be delivered within 7 days of purchase. Due to insufficient time to guarantee delivery, tickets purchased less than 7 days before a performance will be available for collection at the Box Office of the venue where the performance is to take place from one hour before the performance only.
QSO Venues - Collect from Box Office: Customers may choose to collect their tickets. Customers may collect tickets from Queensland Symphony Orchestra reception, located ground floor of the ABC Building, corner of Grey and Russell Street, South Bank, 10am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday. If you wish to collect tickets on the same day as a performance then the tickets will be available for collection at the Box Office at the venue the performance is held at from 1 hour prior to the start of the performance only (as tickets may be in transit from QSO to the venue at any earlier time during that day).
QPAC Concert Hall - Performance tickets purchased via Qtix and QPAC Box Office
Tickets for performances held at QPAC Concert Hall, not booked as part of a subscription package, are sold through Qtix and QPAC only. Please refer to QPAC/Qtix ticket delivery statement via their website or click on the following link: http://www.qpac.com.au/useful_information/ticket_delivery/
Terms and Conditions for competitions with Queensland Symphony Orchestra
This sets out the terms of participation for all Queensland Symphony Orchestra competitions (each a "Competition").
- The promoter of the Competition is the Queensland Symphony Orchestra (the "Promoter") (ABN 97 094 916 444) of 114 Grey Street, South Brisbane, Queensland 4101.
- he Competition is open to all residents of Queensland. An entrant must be an individual and not a company or organisation. Entrants under the age of 18 years must have the consent of their parent or guardian to enter. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families and any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the prize(s) are not eligible to enter.
- Each entry must be entered in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. By entering the Competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter may in its discretion refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry into the Competition is free unless otherwise stipulated.
- Any entry received after the specified competition period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
- You may not enter the Competition more than once.
- No component of the prize can be transferred or redeemed for cash. In the event that any of the prizes become unavailable due to circumstances beyond the Promoter's control, the Promoter reserves the right to provide a similar product to the same or greater value as the original prize, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation.
- Decisions of the Promoter are final and will be binding on each person who enters the Competition and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes will either be delivered by post to the winner or the winner will be notified that they are required to collect the prize from the Promoter's premises. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any prize that is lost in transit and will be under no obligation to replace the lost prize.
- If there is any event that prevents or hinders the Promoter's conduct of the Competition or the Promoter's ability to deliver the prize to the prize winners, the Promoter may, in its discretion, cancel the Competition and recommence it at another time under the same conditions or select another winner.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- To the full extent permitted by the law, the Promoter will not be liable for any death, injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or inconsequential) to persons or property as a result of any person entering into the Competition or accepting or using any prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any prize and damage to any prize in transit.